To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

City Hall

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8 am to 3 pm, Monday thru Thursday. 

Public Works Director

Are my pipes frozen?

There are several tips for preventing frozen pipes. If you have any questions please contact the city building. 

Who plows my roads?

Tetonia Public Works takes care the the main roadways. We srive to do the best and most accuarte job possible while trying to stay cost effective. We have a general snow removal policy we follow. You can find a copy under the Ordinances and Policies tab. For further questions please contact the city building. 


May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

No, not at the current time due to dry conditions in our county.  Please contact city hall if you have any questions.

Application Process

I am interested in applying for a job with the City of Tetonia, what do I do?

You will need to fill out an application if available.  Please ensure you meet the qualifications for the position you wish to be considered for.  If you would like to include a resume, simply attach it to the completed application. You may mail or drop off the application at City Hall.  Interviews will be scheduled accordingly.

Does the City of Tetonia hire part time employees?

Yes, we do hire part time employees.  Availability of these positions will be posted here when available.


What if I need to speak with the Mayor directly?

If you would like to personally talk with the Mayor, Please call the city office and the clerk will get you in touch with him. 

Building Permits, Inspections & Forms

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

How long does an application take to process?

There are many factors to consider when trying to decide how long an application will take to process. Depending on the project size, number of inspections and how quickly the council can review your application will all be something to take into consideration. For questions, contact the City Clerk. 

How do I know if I will need a building permit?

If you are questioning if you will need a permit it is ALWAYS better to call the City Building and ask. 

Park Facilities

How can I reserve the ball feild?

If you would like to reserve the ball feild at Ruby Carson Park, see attatched form and fill it out to return back to the City building. If you have any question call the City Clerk for assistance. 

Can I reserve the Park Pavillion for a family event?

Yes! You can reserve the pavillion and included fire pit by filling our the Rental form attatched and returning it with payment to the City Building. 

Are there extra tables and chairs available?

Yes! The City of Tetonia has very nice and affordable options for tables, chairs or packages you can rent. Call the City Building for more info. 

Water Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office and a one-time extension will be extended to you for extenuating circumstances.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.


How to I get on an Agenda to speak with the City Council?

Just let the City Clerk know at least 48 hours before the agenda is posted and state the nature of your comments. 

When is my bill due?

The previous months billing will be due the 18th the following month. Any late payments will be charge a late fee. 

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by Teton County. Please visit Teton County Idaho page for locations and upcoming election information.